Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When to change headlight bulb?

Most of my motorcycle riding is during night time. Now it has run about 10,000KM. When should i replace the headlight bulb? I don't want to wait till it gets fused.

Also, is there 2 bulbs in it, 1 for dim light and other for bright, or is there only one bulb?
When to change headlight bulb?
I would just wait for it to burn out and then ride on high beam until you can replace it. But it is only a 4$ part so if you are worried about it why not just change it and know you are good for another 10000km
When to change headlight bulb?
Psssst, Stewie, we need to know what bike to give you an answer. Some are different than others. Got it?
I don't know that lights have an expiry date.Most people change them when they blow.If you have a single headlamp then you have one bulb that has both high and low filaments ln it if you have 2 headlamps then you have two bulbs
I once had a Yamaha 850 special that the headlamp went on the blink out in the country and the filament would only make contact when I gave it a love tap. That was at 38K miles so I'd say that with 10Km, on the clock you got no worries.